Company Name: American Express
Job Title: Software Engineer- I/ Big Data
Experience: 3-4 years
• At least 3-4 years of experience in hadoop ecosystem.
• Develops and tests software applications, including ongoing refactoring of code & drives continuous improvement in code structure & quality
• Primary focus on application build, conducting code reviews & testing in ongoing sprints or performing proof of concepts/automation tools
• Applies visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts
• Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools
• Works on a specific platform/product or as part of a dynamic resource pool assigned to projects based on demand and business priority
• Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent OR Master’s in Computer Applications or equivalent
• 3 -6 years of total experience required.
• Expert on Hadoop Architecture having sound knowledge on HDFS, Map Reduce, Hbase, Pig, Hive, YARN, Zookeeper , Spark, Solr, Sqoop, Flume
• Must be proficient with SQL
• Familiarity with Storm, Kafka, Solace, MQ
• Experience in scripting languages (shell, python, etc) is good to have.
• Experience in Graph databases and Machine Learning is good to have.
• Should have experience in analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of system applications
• Demonstrated ability to develop and document technical and functional specifications and analyze software and system processing flows.
We are a Global services company and the world’s largest Card issuer.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide—combined with our leading edge marketing, information management and rewards capabilities—enable us to offer an array of valuable services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
Apply To Attend
R-SAT Exam (Recruitment Test)- To Get Short Listed ( 2015-2016 & 17 Freshers)