Company Name: ABB
Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer (Dry-type)
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Publication ID: IN59054378_E1
1. Understand deeply the electrical design concept of Dry Type transformers for drives applications and provide the proper support to the factories and customer on technical matters;
2. Produce high quality and cost effective designs to comply with customer requirements and factory needs for quotations and orders
3. Provide proper support to the sales team and customers in technical matters related to the transformer design
4. Participate in meetings with global team members, local engineering teams and customer to discuss technical solutions to suit market needs
5. Provide technical support to the manufacturing locations to produce the transformer according to the quality expected defined in the design stage;
Your B.E / B.Tech in Electrical with 3 to 5 years of experience will be an ideal fit.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
University degree plus 3-5 years electrical design experience in Dry Type transformers, preferable transformer designs for drives applications;
Good knowledge in Dry Type transformer manufacturing processes and testing;
Previous experience in cost-out projects and design optimization;
Desirable experience to use design simulation tools as COMSOL and FEMM
Willingness to travel and ability to interact with colleagues in all our factories;
Good knowledge as user of current design tools available, including simulation tools;
ABB is a global leader in power and automation technologies. Based in Zurich, Switzerland, the company employs about 140,000 people and operates in approximately 100 countries. The firm’s shares are traded on the stock exchanges of Zurich, Stockholm and New York.
ABB’s business is comprised of five divisions that are in turn organized in relation to the customers and industries they serve.
The group is particularly proud of its record for innovation – widely recognized through countless awards and scientific accolades. Many of the technologies we take for granted today, from ultra efficient high-voltage direct current power transmission to a revolutionary approach to ship propulsion, were developed or commercialized by ABB.
Today ABB is the largest supplier of industrial motors and drives, the largest provider of generators to the wind industry and the largest supplier of power grids in the world.
Apply To Attend
R-SAT Exam (Recruitment Test)- To Get Short Listed ( 2015-2016 & 17 Freshers)